An Update on the Wider United Church of Christ
Great news! After two years without a meeting, the Black Hills Association is back up and running again. We met on April 18th at South Park UCC in Rapid City. Highlights of the meeting include:
· We worshipped and participated in Holy Communion together
· We elected a moderator, vice-moderator, and secretary. We still need a treasurer if anyone is interested
· We agreed to pay our back dues to the conference, but we won’t be charging congregations for their 2020 dues
· We gave $1150 to Placerville Camp
· We proposed changing the association bylaws to permit the treasurer to serve more than two terms
· We’re planning to meet again at Placerville in October
I have full minutes from the meeting available if anyone would like a copy.
Also, the conference annual meeting has been scheduled for June 25th and 26th. This meeting will be online, so you can attend the meeting without leaving your house! Anyone can attend the meeting as a guest, but we’re still looking for another voting delegate to represent the Custer Community church. If you’re interested, speak with me or with Barb Paulson.
Copyright © 2018 Custer Community Church - All Rights Reserved.